Friday November 12, 2021
Call for Abstracts: Speak at ASHHRA22
The ASHHRA22 Call for Abstracts is your opportunity to submit your proposal to be considered for a learning session presentation. We are looking for emerging, solution-driven and thought provoking content relevant for human resources professionals in healthcare.
Deadline: Dec. 10, 2021
Preparing your submission
Start by downloading the abstract form guide (available in MSWord and PDF formats) and use it to help you gather the information requested on the official abstract form.
Scroll down for additional considerations, such as the type of content we’re looking for, different presentation formats, educational topics and more.
What are we looking for in ASHHRA22 conference content submissions?
Our attendees seek solution-oriented content. Share your stories, case studies and expert experience that highlight challenges, insights, developments, solutions, and more regarding the healthcare HR field. All presentations should define a problem, determine a solution (either proposed or implemented), implement ideas, and generate recommendations or changes that can be adapted for individual organizational needs.
Get creative with your session format
While all sessions should be interactive and involve audience engagement, how you do that is up to you! A few options include:
- Lecture: Classic session format for one to three presenters to cover content through a presentation with time for a brief Q&A at the end.
- Panel: A panel of three to four experts or peers share their story or stories collectively through discussion with time for a brief Q&A at the end.
- Workshop: This type of program focuses on hands-on learning, allowing for a deep dive of real world application that might include activities such as role-playing, interactive group projects, tool application, etc.
- Roundtable: This format allows for the audience to fully interact with each other and the content, with the help of a facilitator. This might involve discussion, writing tasks, brainstorming and sharing of stories within a smaller group.
- Debate: This is an effective way to present opposing views about a topic. The participant composition and format of the debate can vary. Generally, it includes a moderator and one or two people to represent each side of a controversial topic.
- ASHHRA Aspires: Similar to Ted Talks, this session is a brief 10-minute personal experience story that shows the human side of our HR members. Topics could include what motivates you personally and professionally. This is an opportunity to share stories that can inspire others. (This will be limited to presenters accepted for one of the session styles listed above or registered attendees.)
The Annual Conference Education Committee aims to create a well-balanced program. Consider the topics below to gain a better understanding of what the committee is looking for. Have an idea not listed? No problem – submit it anyway! We welcome all innovative proposals.
Future of the Workforce
Transition of the Workforce to Home, Telemedicine, Healthcare Environment/Marketplace
Centralized HR Functions
HRIS, EEO/Affirmative Action Plans, Call Center(s) Vendor Relationships)
Diversity and Inclusion
Disparate Impact, Recruitment and Retention of Diverse Candidates, Health Equity
Recruitment and Onboarding
Sourcing, Staffing, Succession Planning, Employee Health, Orientation, Credentialing, Background Checks
HR Metrics, Delivery, HR Business Partnership, RIFs, ERIPs
Rehabilitation Centers, LTACHs, Physician Practices, Retail Health, Pharma, Market Disruptors
Employee Engagement, Leadership Development, Culture, Talent Pipelines
JCAHO, DNV, DOL, OSHA, Risk Management, States
Cybersecurity, Use of Technology in Unconventional Methods, Risks and Vulnerabilities, Remote Work Technologies
Benefits, Compensation, Health and Wellness Programming, EAP, New Role Creation, Benefit Expectation Management/Perception
Leadership and Employee Management
Leadership Development, Mental Health Awareness and Support
Employee Safety and Well-being
Safety and Violence, Harassment/Bullying
Employee and Labor Relations
Employment Law, Labor Law, Policies, Litigation, EEOC, OIG
- Nov. 15 – Dec. 10, 2021: Call for Abstracts open
- Jan. 14, 2022: Decisions out to ASHHRA22 speakers
- Jan. 21, 2022: Deadline for speakers to accept/decline invitation to speak (Speaker contract submission required)
- March 2, 2022: Rough draft PowerPoint slide decks due
- March 18, 2022: Speaker’s deadline to register for conference
- March 18, 2022: Deadline for speaker and co-speaker changes
- April 1, 2022: Final PPT slide decks due
- April 2022: ASHHRA22 (Dates and location to be announced soon)
Reasons to submit for the ASHHRA22 Call for Abstracts
- Receive complimentary Full Conference registration for one primary presenter and a 25% discount for up to two co-presenters.
- Contribute to the health care HR field by sharing your expertise, key learnings and best practices.
- Have your publication (e.g., book, article, etc.) posted in the conference mobile app**
Gain recognition, enhance your professional credibility, and support the growth of the profession.
- Network with fellow healthcare HR professionals and build lasting connections.
Possible addition to the ASHHRA speakers bureau.
ASHHRA will list your publication as a speaker benefit; speakers are not to sell or promote products/services at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The primary speaker will receive one complimentary Full Conference registration. Learning session co-speakers will receive a 25% discount for Full Conference registration, with a maximum of two co-speakers. It is the responsibility of the primary speaker to inform co-speaker(s) of any updates, requests or changes on behalf of ASHHRA. ASHHRA does not provide honorariums and will not reimburse expenses.
A maximum of three speakers are allotted to all learning session formats. Panel sessions can include up to five participants.
Abstract submission forms must be completed in one working session. You can preview the form here so that you are prepared to submit all of the information together. The form will give you the option to email a copy of each submission to yourself after completion. If you have an edit or update to make to your submission, please contact email@example.com.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions associated with the Call for Abstracts or speaking at the conference.
ASHHRA will announce the location and dates for ASHHRA22 during the week of November 15. ASHHRA22 will be an in-person event taking place in April 2022.
Yes, multiple proposals on different topics may be submitted.
HR professionals in the healthcare field (practitioners) are invited to submit as well others who provide support services to the healthcare HR field. We encourage vendors/consultants to submit proposals and highly recommend partnering with a practicing health care HR professional in order to present a best practice session. ASHHRA conference attendees truly value solutions that have been utilized in similar health care organizations demonstrated by their peers and colleagues.
Call for Abstracts Timeline
Nov. 15 – Dec. 10, 2021: Call for Abstracts open
Jan. 14, 2022: Decisions out to ASHHRA22 speakers
Jan. 21, 2022: Deadline for speakers to accept/decline invitation to speak (Speaker contract submission required).
March 2, 2022: Rough draft PowerPoint slide decks due
March 18, 2022: Speaker’s deadline to register for conference
March 18, 2022: Deadline for speaker and co-speaker changes
April 1, 2022: Final PPT slide decks due
April 2022: ASHHRA22 (Dates and location to be announced soon)