Friday November 12, 2021
Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts deadline has officially passed and decisions regarding submissions have been distributed. To be notified when the next Call for Content opens, please click the button below and complete the form.
Speaking at ASHHRA22
Speakers should monitor the speaker timeline, found below, to remain up to date on key deadlines. Primary presenters will receive communications from ASHHRA with any additional updates.
Preparing Your Presentation
Draft presentations are due on March 2, 2022, and will be reviewed by members of the Annual Conference Education Committee. ASHHRA will provide instructions on how to submit your PPT before the due date.
Final presentations are due on April 1, 2022. If there is updated data or information to share on your final presentation after April 1, please incorporate verbally during your presentation. ASHHRA will not accept presentations beyond April 1.
- Slides should be used as a guide to focus the audience’s attention, not as a script that is read from – limit bullet points and text.
- Use professional colors and images to guarantee the slides are easy to view for the audience.
- Use high quality graphics.
- Avoid distracting or cartoon graphics.
- Limit transition and builds (animation).
- Use a minimum font size of 22.
- Remain consistent with font and text placement.
- Avoid phrases such as “Um” or “Uh” and related placeholders.
Our attendees seek solution-oriented content. Share your stories, case studies and expert experience that highlight challenges, insights, developments, solutions, and more regarding the healthcare HR field. All presentations should define a problem, determine a solution (either proposed or implemented), implement ideas, and generate recommendations or changes that can be adapted for individual organizational needs.
- Lecture: Classic session format for one to three presenters to cover content through a presentation with time for a brief Q&A at the end.
- Panel: A panel of three to four experts or peers share their story or stories collectively through discussion with time for a brief Q&A at the end.
- Workshop: This type of program focuses on hands-on learning, allowing for a deep dive of real world application that might include activities such as role-playing, interactive group projects, tool application, etc.
- Roundtable: This format allows for the audience to fully interact with each other and the content, with the help of a facilitator. This might involve discussion, writing tasks, brainstorming and sharing of stories within a smaller group.
- Future of the Workforce Transition of the Workforce to Home, Telemedicine, Healthcare Environment/Marketplace
- Centralized HR Functions HRIS, EEO/Affirmative Action Plans, Call Center(s) Vendor Relationships)
- Diversity and Inclusion Disparate Impact, Recruitment and Retention of Diverse Candidates, Health Equity
- Recruitment and Onboarding Sourcing, Staffing, Succession Planning, Employee Health, Orientation, Credentialing, Background Checks
- HR Operations HR Metrics, Delivery, HR Business Partnership, RIFs, ERIPs
- Non-Acute Healthcare Rehabilitation Centers, LTACHs, Physician Practices, Retail Health, Pharma, Market Disruptors
- Organizational Development Employee Engagement, Leadership Development, Culture, Talent Pipelines
- Regulatory JCAHO, DNV, DOL, OSHA, Risk Management, States
- Technology Cybersecurity, Use of Technology in Unconventional Methods, Risks and Vulnerabilities, Remote Work Technologies
- Total Rewards Benefits, Compensation, Health and Wellness Programming, EAP, New Role Creation, Benefit Expectation Management/Perception
- Leadership and Employee Management Leadership Development, Mental Health Awareness and Support
- Employee Safety and Well-being Safety and Violence, Harassment/Bullying
- Employee and Labor Relations Employment Law, Labor Law, Policies, Litigation, EEOC, OIG
- Nov. 15 – Dec. 10, 2021: Call for Abstracts open
- Jan. 14, 2022: Decisions out to ASHHRA22 speakers
- Jan. 21, 2022: Deadline for speakers to accept/decline invitation to speak (Speaker contract submission required)
- March 2, 2022: Draft PowerPoint slide decks due
- March 18, 2022: Speaker’s deadline to register for conference
- March 18, 2022: Deadline for speaker and co-speaker changes
- April 1, 2022: Final PPT slide decks due
- April 24 – 27, 2022: ASHHRA22 Annual Conference and Exposition | Phoenix
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The primary speaker will receive one complimentary Full Conference registration. Learning session co-speakers will receive a 25% discount for Full Conference registration, with a maximum of two co-speakers. It is the responsibility of the primary speaker to inform co-speaker(s) of any updates, requests or changes on behalf of ASHHRA. ASHHRA does not provide honorariums and will not reimburse expenses.
A maximum of three speakers are allotted to all learning session formats. Panel sessions can include up to five participants.
Abstract submission forms must be completed in one working session. You can preview the form here so that you are prepared to submit all of the information together. The form will give you the option to email a copy of each submission to yourself after completion. If you have an edit or update to make to your submission, please contact email@example.com.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions associated with the Call for Abstracts or speaking at the conference.
ASHHRA22 will be an in-person event taking place in Phoenix from Sunday, April 24 to Wednesday, April 27.
Yes, you may submit up to two proposals for primary presenters. If more than two submissions are submitted, only the first two will be considered and the rest will be eliminated from the review process.
HR professionals in the healthcare field (practitioners) are invited to submit as well others who provide support services to the healthcare HR field. We encourage vendors/consultants to submit proposals and highly recommend partnering with a practicing health care HR professional in order to present a best practice session. ASHHRA conference attendees truly value solutions that have been utilized in similar health care organizations demonstrated by their peers and colleagues.
Yes, speakers should use the ASHHRA provided PPT template for learning sessions. The template should not be altered with nor should additional logos be added to the PPT.
Please reach out to ASHHRA.EDU@ashhra.org with requests and we will do our best to accommodate.
Yes, everyone who attends ASHHRA22 needs to be registered. Please contact ASHHRA.EDU@ashhra.org.
We recommend speakers plan on business casual or business professional attire for their speaking commitment.
Nov. 15 to Dec. 10, 2021: Call for Abstracts open
Jan. 14, 2022: Decisions out to ASHHRA22 speakers
Jan. 21, 2022: Deadline for speakers to accept/decline invitation to speak (Speaker contract submission required).
March 2, 2022: Draft PowerPoint slide decks due
March 18, 2022: Speaker’s deadline to register for conference
March 18, 2022: Deadline for speaker and co-speaker changes
April 1, 2022: Final PPT slide decks due
April 24 – 27, 2022: ASHHRA22 Annual Conference and Exposition | Phoenix