Wednesday August 25, 2021
Contribute to HR Pulse Magazine
Health care HR professionals want to read about your best practices and case examples. Your article could be published in an ASHHRA publication. Contact ASHHRA with any questions.
Article Submission Due Dates
Please submit your HR Pulse articles by the following 2022 deadlines.
HR Pulse Content Guide
HR Pulse articles follow the ASHHRA HR Leader Model Competencies. We are seeking articles within each competency that include the listed knowledge areas. Example knowledge area topics can include:
- Technology: Innovative software, social media strategies, Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Workforce: Recruitment, retention, turnover and engagement strategies
- Advocacy: Laws that affect the health care human resources field
- Leadership: Real life applications that motivate individuals and/or organizations to act towards achieving a common goal
- Business of Health Care: Trends to watch and business functions to aid the HR leader in areas of finance, marketing and project management.
- Diversity: Organizational solutions that advance D&I in the health care field.
Q1 – SPRING
Q2 – SUMMER
Q3 – FALL
Q4 – WINTER
Content must be consistent with the ASHHRA mission and vision and appropriate to the subject matter. Additionally, submissions must adhere to the following:
- Completed and submitted via the online Call for Articles.
- Cover subject topic substantively and must have actual health care HR-related content which is new and/or best practices relevant to ASHHRA members as recommended in Selecting a Topic and the HR Leader Model Competencies (see above).
- Contain technically accurate information with sources cited at the end (no opinions).
- Include written permission of interviewees submitted to ASHHRA.
- Source quoted individuals at end of article (e.g., Last name, first name. Personal Interview. 27 April 2015).
- Your company name may appear only in the tagline at the end of the article where author contact information will be listed — you must have an author’s name on the article.
- Original articles submitted exclusively to ASHHRA must be emailed in a Microsoft Word document with author’s name on the article.
- Manuscript must be no more than 1,200 words in length.
- Authors must comply with all submission deadlines.
- Advertorials are not acceptable.
Articles which fall outside of the subject areas, ASHHRA mission and values, with obvious AP style errors or
with no clear explanation of addressing a problem with solutions will be evaluated using the following criteria.
(Score 0 if element is absent)
|Below Expectations (1)||Meets Expectations (2)||Exceeds Expectations (3)||Score|
Content is health care human resources specific
|Use of evidence to support statistics (if applicable)|
Original body of work
|Content is timely and fills a topic void|
|Clearly written in AP Style and meets the specified subject area|
Submissions rating a score of 10 or below are subject to exclusion.
All stories undergo an ASHHRA review process based on the above mentioned criteria.
- There is no guarantee a submission will be published.
- All submitted manuscripts accepted for publication are subject to editing.
- All submitted manuscripts become the property of ASHHRA once published (per agreement form signed by author).
- All submissions should be written in the AP editorial style.